50 cents 1921
Canada's 1921 fifty-cent piece is a very rare coin; fewer than 200 are believed to exist. This is a direct result of the great variation in demand for fifty-cent pieces since their introduction in Canada in 1870. At times the coins were very popular; at other times, as in recent years, they were seldom seen in circulation... Read more »
50 cents 1921 prices and values
The minimum value of a 50 cents 1921 is $6.83, due to the value of the metal that composes it.
Depending on its condition, its scarcity, supply and demand and errors and varieties, the value of a 50 cents 1921 varies. Below, the details of the value of the coin according to its grade. To help you know the meaning of grades such as G4, VG8, F12, VF20, EF40, AU50, MS60, etc., you can jump to the grading section.
50 cents 1921 values of circulating coins1
50 cents 1921 values of uncirculated coins2
50 cents 1921 SP3
You can view the average prices of certified 50 cents 1921 sold on ebay »
- 50 cents 1921 : 206 398
- Alloy: 80% silver, 20% copper
- Weight: 11.66 grams
- Diameter : 29.72 mm
- Engraver: Obverse: Sir E. B. MacKennal, Reverse: L. C. Wyon, W. H. J. Blackemore
- Designer: Obverse: Sir E. B. MacKennal, Reverse: L. C. Wyon, W. H. J. Blackemore
- Edge: Reeded
- Magnetism: Nonmagnetic
- Die axis: ↑↑
- - : indicates that there's no value attributed to this grade.
- : indicates that the value is going down.
- : indicates that the value is going up.
- The value of a 50 cents 1921 circulating coin generally concerns coins with an apparent wear due to the circulation. These coins rarely retain their original luster.
- The value of a 50 cents 1921 uncirculating coin generally concerns coins without visible wear. These coins generally retain their original luster.
- PL and SP coins come from uncirculated sets. They are made with a better quality than coins destined to the circulation.
- The values displayed on this page are in Canadian dollars.
Last update : Monday, February 27, 2017