Bank Roll of Coins

General discussions about canadian coins.
Val67

Bank Roll of Coins

Post by Val67 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Could someone share their knowledge with me? I have a roll of 1992 quarters (Newfoundland) that were obtained from a bank and put away as a gift for my son who was born that year. What grade would these be? They were never opened and I am told that is how they come to the bank from the mint but I don't know if that is true or not. They are shrink wrapped in clear plastic film and inside a clear plastic tube that has a raised 25 cent symbol and bumps like feet or spacers on one side. Is that actually how the mint sends new coins to banks? If so, it is true that these were never opened. Are they then considered "uncirculated" or are they circulation coins that have not yet been used? Thanks for your help!

la cenne

Re: Bank Roll of Coins

Post by la cenne » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:38 am

That is the way they are shipped out of the Mint.They are uncirculated and usually grade from MS-60 to 65 if you are lucky you get a couple of 65 which are valued at $60 in CCN trend section.The average shoiuld be 63 at $1.50 each. :Lecture:

Val67

Post by Val67 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:00 am

Thanks for the information! Are they more valuable if we keep the roll sealed like that? They can't be graded without opening but I don't want to open them if that could compromise their status of being uncirculated.

Thanks,
Val

la cenne

Post by la cenne » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:51 am

Unless you want to collect the serie,I would not open the rolls.Colonial Acres is now selling these rolls for $12 if you are interested to get more.This as part of their August Blow-out sale.