1906 Canadian Cent

General discussions about canadian coins.
Rick Stachowski

1906 Canadian Cent

Post by Rick Stachowski » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:50 am

Image Image Image Image :roll:
Last edited by Rick Stachowski on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

la cenne

Re: 1906 Canadian Cent

Post by la cenne » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:54 am

This is quite a low grade.I hope you did not pay much for it. :Rechercher:

Shylo

Post by Shylo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:34 am

la cenne:

I have a hard time finding how your reply is in anyway helpful...

Here is a person that is proud of the coin they have and sharing it for others to view... You state that the coin is in "low grade" and hope they didn't pay much for it...

People buy different coin grades dependent on the coins availabilty and the person's discretionary income they can spend. There may be a multitude of reasons why this individual has a coin of this grade... that might be what they can afford... it may be what they inherited... they could just be starting out and trying to complete a date set. I could go on... but "Rick S." has the information at his/her disposal to not only determine the grade but also the price range for this coin and it is up to them to become educated on the topic.

La cenne it is my opinion that when we use negative comments we may actually discourage people from getting into this hobby... and I really don't think that is good for the hobby at all.

Good fortune comes to groups when they as a collective prosper.

Rick Stachowski

Post by Rick Stachowski » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:54 am

Thanks Shylo, for your comment, I didn't pay anything for it, my friends mother gave it to me, because she knew I would own it til death ! As for the comment I hope I didn't pay to much, that's what the coin world is all about, sometimes that's people way of saying, do you want to sell it ! Thanks again, Shylo !!! :roll:

Shylo

Post by Shylo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:47 pm

No problem Rick.... I don't know the context of why you posted it... so I just assumed you put it up to show it off...

That's really what this hobby is about... and this forum is a great place to talk and show off some of our pieces... unfortunately this is one of those hobbies where can't just go around showing off your items to everyone and anyone...

I personally love the large cent issues. It's taken me years to build up to a nice collection and nearly a complete set of all the dates. If someone said that to me I would be insulted and tell them where they can go...(fact is.. I think I did the polite version of that in my previous post)

It is unfortuntate but in this hobbie there is an extrinsic dollar value placed on the coins, but people do get attached to things for other reasons. Someone gave you this coin knowing you would appreciate it. That is a beautiful thing. I would be more inclined to sell a gold coin that had no meaning over a penny that had great sentimental value. But that's just me.

Long and short of it... you have a nice coin there .. and keep posting any other pics of aquisitions I love to see what others are collecting and find interesting.

la cenne

Post by la cenne » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:57 am

If I offended someone,I apologize.That said,the post should have included an explanation as of why it was posted.I also try to educate collectors and this is with that in mind that I posted my reply.If this coin has a $5000 sentimental value fine by me.I also assumed that Rick was looking for confirmation of some variety which this coin is not.
Most poeple post their coins either for show or have questions.This post had neither.