Need help for value of these coins

General discussions about canadian coins.
rescuerob

Need help for value of these coins

Post by rescuerob » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:37 pm

Hi all,

I am hoping that someone can put an estimated value on these graded coins. I looked for values on this site, but either the grade has a dash, or there is no section for a value for a coin that came from an uncirculated set and then graded. Is the value the same if it was not from a uncirculated set. Still learning this hobby and any help would be appreciated.

I added pics below.
Attachments
1986 5c Canadab.jpg
1986 5c Canadab.jpg (280.97 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
1995 10c Canadab.jpg
1995 10c Canadab.jpg (296.42 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
1999 2dollar Canadab.jpg
1999 2dollar Canadab.jpg (244.27 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
2005 25c Canadab.jpg
2005 25c Canadab.jpg (702.09 KiB) Viewed 4062 times

Bill in Burl

Re: Need help for value of these coins

Post by Bill in Burl » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:34 am

I don't think that you can ID a grade closer than 1 or 2 points, if the photos are through plastic. Also, NGC is not noted for their accuracy with Canadian coinage
Bill in Burl

dbcoins

Post by dbcoins » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:48 am

Being that these coins were removed from Brilliant uncirculated (BUNC) / Prooflike sets, they were never meant for circulation & were struck & packaged specifically for collectors. You might want to look at the "PL" values on this site for values. There are good descriptions on this site explaining some of the differences. American graders I believe don't use terms like "Proof Like" for such coins. Coins intended for circulation in very high grades would be worth a lot more as they are much more rare.
Hope this helps...

rescuerob

Post by rescuerob » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:52 am

dbcoins wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:48 am
Being that these coins were removed from Brilliant uncirculated (BUNC) / Prooflike sets, they were never meant for circulation & were struck & packaged specifically for collectors. You might want to look at the "PL" values on this site for values. There are good descriptions on this site explaining some of the differences. American graders I believe don't use terms like "Proof Like" for such coins. Coins intended for circulation in very high grades would be worth a lot more as they are much more rare.
Hope this helps...
Thank you so much... that helps a lot :-)

dbcoins

Post by dbcoins » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:22 am

No problem. They are very nice visual pieces regardless of any great value or not. That's what a lot of it is all about for me....
By the way, I just noticed, your 2005P Alberta 25c is in fact a coin minted for circulation according to the NGC holder.There is no price listed for MS67 as there are no sales records to refer to. Pricing ends at MS66, which is $37.40. My guess is your MS67 could be double / triple that value. Not sure what ICCS in Toronto charges these days, but it just might be worth it to see if ICCS will confirm/ agree with the grade assigned by NGC. If they do, you will now have 2 tags at MS67 which only adds more value & prestige to your piece.
Happy collecting

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:16 am

As I've said before, NGC is not noted for their accuracy in grading Canadian coinage. Those grades could be high by 2-3 points. ICCS charges extra for certing variety coins. You may have to pay more than the coin will ever be worth if you get them regraded. If you enjoy what they are in now, I'd just keep them. It's the coin itself that constitutes value, not what plastic and paper say that they should be.
Bill in Burl