vendor warning

General discussions on the canadian coins errors and varieties.
Bill in Burl

vendor warning

Post by Bill in Burl » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:00 pm

I would highly advise anyone contemplating an Ebay purchase from SWCoins in the US to carefully look and read what the description and photos say. Despite repeated warning, advice, and proof from collectors that they are advertising something that their coin isn't, they refuse to change anything. It's not grading that is at fault, it is advertising scarce varieties that are something else. I'm not the only one who sent emails to them and to Ebay .. just a suggestion to you all.
Bill in Burl

Shylo

Re: vendor warning

Post by Shylo » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Okiecoiner was saying this today on the other forum as well.... Funny thing is I thought swcoins sponsored that web site for awhile as well

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:10 am

We are one in the same person.
Bill in Burl

Shylo

Post by Shylo » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:05 pm

Hahahahha

I actually had my suspicions.. and mentioned my suspicions to Jack (pacificoin)..

I kinda pushed myself to be under his wing as a mentor just over a year ago, as someone I could ask a few questions every now and again... something I certainly don't regret as he is just a wealth of knowledge.

So I do have one question for you then Bill... on the other site didn't you post a picture one time of a PEI cent?

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Which other site .. the Candiancoppercoin site? I don't remember a PEI cent I posted, but I've been on forums for 15 years.
Bill in Burl

Shylo

Post by Shylo » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:42 pm

You will have to forgive me Bill... after a bit of digging on CCF I found one thread where it was bosox that replied saying the P.E.I. cent was his.. course I can't find the link to the picture or the PCGS site..

I don't know why but I just LOVE the P.E.I penny and have a bunch of them... I have a hard time passing on one if/when I see 'em... of course none of mine are of this calibre.

I think PCGS in their registry ranks this as their #1... it's soo gemmy I sometimes just think about it .. (is that wrong? or just a bit too obsessed?)

I am will still search for the photo again and hopefully turn it into my screen saver.. it kinda of was the coin that nudged me from hoarding coins as a collection to hopefully having a few very select nice pieces that I would be very very proud of myself.

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:15 am

Here is the link to the PCGS forum. Rob T (stokrooky)of course has his registry sets on there so you should be able to see it (and others) there. His is the #1 large cent set and nearly there with the Maritimes.
http://forums.collectors.com/
Bill in Burl

techwriter

Post by techwriter » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:09 pm

Shylo, if there is a picture of the PEI cent on the other site(s) you can:
1. mouse over the picture and right-click
2. select 'Save Image As..' from the drop down box
3. it will prompt for name (location will be default "Download" folder on your
PC if you are using Windows
4. now, upload the saved image to Photobucket or wherever you store your pics
5. in'Photobucket click the image to get the full size
6. from right side menu list, mouse over entry in the IMG box and you should
see it display 'Copied'
7. now, go back to or go to thread you wish to post pic to
8. select 'Reply' or 'Reply to Topic', whatever
9. type your comments, press Enter twice
10. with your cursor at left margin press Ctrl + V(together), this will copy Photobucket link
to your reply.

In PCGS forum it's a bit more but I think you'll get the picture (no pun intended)

Good Luck.

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:57 am

Shlo ... PM me if you want a link to Bosox's PCGS info.
Bill in Burl