Please help grade these coins! :)

Post your pictures here if you want grades opinions.
KelsiB

Please help grade these coins! :)

Post by KelsiB » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Good day!
My Grandfather left me these coins in his will when he passed many of years ago, and I've only just stumbled across them again and am interested in finding out the quality/value of these coins but I don't quite understand the grading system.
I was hoping a pro or two could help me out.
Thanks!

Also - the one coin (1910 5 cents) that is in some sort of glass, does that depreciate the value of the coin? It is in absolute mint condition it's just impossible to get a focused picture of it. Again, I don't know much about this and am looking for some answers. Thank you :)

5 Cents Canadian coin from 1942

10 Cents Canadian coin from 1936

10 Cents Canadian coin embedded in glass(?) from 1910 - perfect condition

25 Cents Canadian coin from 1913

1 Cent Canadian coin from 1894 (Very large coin?)

Thanks! :D

CommonCents

Re: Please help grade these coins! :)

Post by CommonCents » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:41 am

I would not call myself a pro but have some knowledge and willing to help if I can.
The 1942 nickel is in the best condition maybe Fine (F) to very fine (VF)? . The other ones are about Good (G) to Very Good (VG) or (F), the one encased in the glass unfortunately can’t have a grade in its state, witch is considered altered despite its condition. The 1936 10 cents, look at the bottom of the bowtie at the bottom bellow the 1936 date, do you see a dot? A close up picture of that would be nice to see, to evaluate.

KelsiB

Post by KelsiB » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi thanks for the reply.
The 1936 coin appears to have a dot on the bottom left strand of the bowtie, none underneath it though. Unfortunately I'm unable to get any closer pictures because of the quality of my camera, sorry! :(

CommonCents

Post by CommonCents » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:46 pm

It might be worth trying?

KelsiB

Post by KelsiB » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:22 pm

I just tried again, and the pictures as shown in the thread are as close as I can get to it. I'm going to try and get a friend with a better camera to give me a hand with it.
Like I mentioned though, the only visible dot is on the bottom left ribbon, not on the actual flat coin part itself.