Books on Grading

Post your pictures here if you want grades opinions.
SousNoir

Re: Books on Grading

Post by SousNoir » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:51 pm

bushman74 wrote:I finally saw the book.
"Guide for Grading Coins of Canada" by Andre Langlois.
It is EXCELLENT.

This guide is a MUST to any newbie or experienced collector of canadians coins. This is a 8 1/2 x 11" spiral bound book printed on thick glossy paper. It is built like a larger Charlton guide and this guide is meant to be used. The introductory chapter is very helpful to understand the grading system used in Canada.

Each grade of obverse and reverse is displayed using a high resolution photograph enlarged to about 3 1/4 inches (83 mm) diameter for each grade. Each page has four grades with a description as you can see in this sample of page 12 of the French guide (1 cent, Obverse, 1858-1859).

Tired going back and forth to the Table of Contents, I have made a new layout of the Table of Contents on a single page and I shared it on the French forum. You can see and download the French version here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwgqKK ... 1GUGs/view

If someone wants to send me a scan of the Table of Contents of the English guide, I will make a Quick Reference for you.

Dan
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

TimothyRaway

Books on Grading

Post by TimothyRaway » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:55 am

Q: Are you aware that Ryan Elliot took customer submitted books off site, left them in his truck unattended, and then brought them into a local comic shop and graded them there?