1939 nickel

Post your pictures here if you want grades opinions.
agauhand

1939 nickel

Post by agauhand » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Good afternoon everyone I started collecting coins a few years ago but couldn't really afford anything in great condition but this week I bought a huge bag of Foreign and there is like 30 lbs of coin inside was 70 dollars face Canadian dollars. Anyway a lot of it looked to me to be uncirculated and since I got it so cheap I was wondering if you guys and gals could give me some insight especially since I have a whole run of nickels that look pretty much like this one. If you could offer up a grade and if it would be worth it to get certified it. http://m.ebay.com/itm/1939-Canada-Nicke ... Ciid%253A1

agauhand

Re: 1939 nickel

Post by agauhand » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:11 pm

By the way this is my coin I just couldn't figure out how to get my photo to post on here.

Bill in Burl

Re: 1939 nickel

Post by Bill in Burl » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:31 am

The photos aren't clear enough to tell if anything that you have is anything approaching MS due to wear. The dings & scratches alone make it AU-50 tops. Just being in the bag that you describe probably scratched any that may have been UNC and now would be AU. You would have a huge money loser if you certified anything like the coin shown, since the cost of the certification would cost you more than the coin would ever be worth. You can not take a "Trends" or Charlton price for what a coin is "worth". For common "modern" coins (post 1920), you would be lucky to sell something for 40% of Trends. I'd just keep all the coins raw and enjoy what you got in the bag.
Bill in Burl