New Polymer 50 Dollar Banknote Error

General discussions about canadian banknnotes.
rarethings

New Polymer 50 Dollar Banknote Error

Post by rarethings » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:07 am

I acquired this 50 dollar banknote 2 weeks after it was released from the bank. Mint condition and then I noticed this one particular banknote was missing all the raised red that was on the signature side, almost looks like a ghost note. Can anybody let me know if any other ones have been found. Image

Lightw4re
Site Admin

Re: New Polymer 50 Dollar Banknote Error

Post by Lightw4re » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Really nice find!

la cenne

Post by la cenne » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:37 am

I am not into notes but I always check for errors or number rarities when I get new bills.So far this is the first one I heard about.I wonder how much it would bring at an auction?

rarethings

Post by rarethings » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:28 am

la cenne wrote:I am not into notes but I always check for errors or number rarities when I get new bills.So far this is the first one I heard about.I wonder how much it would bring at an auction?

I would like to know too. it reminds me of the ghost note from the $10 Laurier that come out years ago. if you find out let me know. Thank you

Lightw4re
Site Admin

Post by Lightw4re » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:20 am

rarethings wrote:it reminds me of the ghost note from the $10 Laurier that come out years ago. if you find out let me know. Thank you

papermoneyguy

Post by papermoneyguy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Unfortunately this note does not look like a ghost note and most likely a note that has been tampered with.
The ink on the polymer notes can be easily removed with an eraser
This includes the portrait and the larger $50 print
Beware of fakes they are appearing everywhere

Lightw4re
Site Admin

Post by Lightw4re » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:46 am

Thx for the info! I tried it and it's easy to erase the design...

papermoneyguy

Post by papermoneyguy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Lightw4re wrote:Thx for the info! I tried it and it's easy to erase the design...

The one thing that bothers me is that there are many people out there trying to make a quick buck and collectors should always ask questions if they are not sure before they buy something that may not be exactly what one says it is.

The hobby needs new collectors to expand and grow and when a newbie to the hobby gets burnt they usually get turned off. I have seen it happen with the so called rare gold leaf or polar bear stamped 1867-1867 Centennial $1 banknote or those that buy the miscut error banknote that was cut by a seller from a sheet of notes...they are man made errors for profits ...\
anyways hope this saves someone from investing in something that may not be real