Thanks Grandpa

General discussions about canadian banknnotes.
Beeny04

Thanks Grandpa

Post by Beeny04 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Hey guys/gals. I think I got something special for all of you, but I need some help figuring out if they're actually worth something. My grandma recently gave me this for my 21st birthday. She told me my grandpa was saving this for me. The picture I attached was a chunk of money I received in one envelope. The other envelope is 100 one dollar bills that are in (from what I could see because I was extremely careful and only looked at the top dollar) absolute perfect condition. They look like they were pulled straight out of the bank and put into that envelope. So have a look, and tell me what you think if you want. Thanks

ps the one dollar bills in the pack I think all start with the serial number AME and are the same as the one dollar bills at the bottom of the picture. I think...
Attachments
Money.jpg
Money.jpg (1009.24 KiB) Viewed 12025 times

troubadour

Re: Thanks Grandpa

Post by troubadour » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:33 pm

Great story! Thanks for sharing!

bushman74

Post by bushman74 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:30 pm

Hello Beeny04,

That was a nice gift from your Grandfather.

Yes there is some value to what you have, unfortunately not a great value.

It appears that some notes are circulated and some possibly uncirculated.

The 1954 - $50 is very nice and has a nice serial number

Try and avoid touching the possible uncirculated notes as that alone could cause a crease and change the condition to AU.

Where do you live? If you are in or near Calgary I would be pleased to help more.

You may consider asking a dealer his opinion or visit a coins show in your area.

Welcome to the collecting world.

kidd27

Post by kidd27 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:30 am

grandpas are awesome.

Beeny04

Post by Beeny04 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:39 pm

bushman74, thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I am from the Regina area. Do you know of anyone in the Regina area that would be willing to take a look? I don't think i'm looking to sell any of the banknotes, but having an experienced eye take a look for me would be much appreciated. We may not find any outstanding material value, but there will always be an emotional attachment.

kidd27, Grandfathers ARE awesome haha, who knows, maybe ill just hold on to it all and give it to my grandkids some day.

Shylo

Post by Shylo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:38 pm

I think the REgina coin show is THIS weekend.... google and check it out..

bushman74

Post by bushman74 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:27 pm

Hello Beeny04,

Did you go to the Regina coin show this past weekend?

Did you not read the posting that I made last Tuesday April 17?

I advised forum members of the coin show at the Turvey Centre this past weekend.

I was there. I would have been please to help you.

If you didn't manage to make to the show, PM me and will contact a few good people in Regina to see if they have an interest or can help you.

Also here is a list of all the upcoming coin shows across Canada
https://canadiancoinnews.com/events/

Good luck