Starting Out

General discussions about canadian banknnotes.
McGoldy11

Starting Out

Post by McGoldy11 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:04 pm

Hello all! I’ve recently developed an interest in Canadian Bills.
What are some good tips.
I’m just starting to dig into this deeper. So far I’m just looking to familiarize myself with the basics!

It’s hard to acquire these without driving to major cities Auctions. Any other sources you guys use for buy sell n trading ? I know EBay and a few other online auctions!

Coins would be the next step but first bills!

GBELEC

Re: Starting Out

Post by GBELEC » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:48 pm

Welcome McGoldy11
I'm fairly new to this myself but have made good use of this site , I just have to check for new post once or twice a day.
I as well started with Canadian Notes, But find it hard to not get drawn in to Coins. I have found that shows Have been my best bet, I realy like the idea of seeing the product in hand before i buy and you don't need to deal with Auction fees or shipping. As well its good to let friends and coworkers know your interest. some times they have the same interests or they will let you know someone in your area that does. the more its out there your interested in currency the more chances of finding some one that is wanting to sell some. Good luck with your hunt, thats the most fun of it all.

troubadour

Post by troubadour » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:31 pm

McGoldy11 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:04 pm
Hello all! I’ve recently developed an interest in Canadian Bills.
What are some good tips.
I’m just starting to dig into this deeper. So far I’m just looking to familiarize myself with the basics!

It’s hard to acquire these without driving to major cities Auctions. Any other sources you guys use for buy sell n trading ? I know EBay and a few other online auctions!

Coins would be the next step but first bills!
Welcome! The website just posted that:
https://www.coinsandcanada.com/banknote ... th?&id=484

my first advice is to choose the serie that you like the most and start with it. don't try to acquire everything and every banknote too fast.

papermoneyguy

Post by papermoneyguy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:05 am

I have been collecting Canadian banknotes for just over 50 years and selling and trading for over 40
My recommendation is always buy the best note you can afford and always choose
Quality over quantity
Find a few good reliable and reputable sources and
Build a relationship with them
This way you both are on the same page
And having a wish list is always important
As many times notes come up and can go very quickly
Good luck

bidderdown

Post by bidderdown » Sun May 03, 2020 9:13 pm

i have a few old cdn bills in good to ef at reasonable prices if u have some yrs in mind and price ranges 1989 $ twos mint uncir 1973 ones same 1954 devils face twos 1923 1900 25 cent notes etc let me know and maybe add to your collection without busting the bank balancethks