Price Book for Canadian coins

General discussions about conservation and classification.
toddsmetals

Price Book for Canadian coins

Post by toddsmetals » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:48 am

I am looking for a price book/grading reference book to help this newbie get started. Any thoughts? Just let me know.
Thanks,
Todd

Bill in Burl

Re: Price Book for Canadian coins

Post by Bill in Burl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:56 am

Go to the CoinsandCanada website homepage and hit the 'coins' link, but don't believe prices posted in ANY book .. you can't sell a coin to a book. It takes someone with a wallet.
Bill in Burl

Shylo

Post by Shylo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:08 am

I agree with best advice... book will only give you an estimate of what you can expect....

COINMAN66

Post by COINMAN66 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:55 pm

YOU SHOULD GET THE CHARLTON CATALOGUE FOR CANADIAN COINS I BEEN USING THAT BOOK FOR YEARS . THE LAST BOOK I GOT WAS THEIR 65TH EDITION THEY BEEN AROUND FOR ALMOST 70 YEARS. IT A GREAT BOOK IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:29 pm

I agree with Coinman .. Charlton is THE guide to carry around, but never believe a price in any book or newspaper. Shop around and look at 3 months or so of prices realized, wheter Ebay or auctions. The 65th edition is an especially great one ... the only one that has increased in price in the aftermarket, sometimes into the 100's. A few friends and I co-wrote the variety section in the back .. the first time that Charlton allowed collectors, rather than dealers and available info, to put things down on paper what people collect and some recent (5 person average/input) of what they are really worth.
Bill in Burl

Samuel

Post by Samuel » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:11 am

Usually, all the prices in catalogs are 2-3 times higher than real market prices. I recommend you to look for every coin independently on the online auctions or stores. :Rechercher: