Toronto Coin Expo

Discuss about everything else here.
Bill in Burl

Toronto Coin Expo

Postby Bill in Burl » Wed May 14, 2014 3:20 am

Anyone going to the Coin Expo 30-31 May? It's a great show with good dealers, good auction and active coinsite members/collectors.
Bill in Burl

Shylo

Re: Toronto Coin Expo

Postby Shylo » Wed May 14, 2014 2:43 pm

I have put in a few bids on some of the tokens and notes.. and will add a few bids closer to the auction time...

This would be a show I would really like to attend ... but I will only be there in spirit and with my wallent unfortunately...

Are you going Bill? If so will you be at someone's table?

Bill in Burl

Postby Bill in Burl » Mon May 26, 2014 3:17 am

Yes, I'll be there Fri-Sat. Roger Paulen (Sherwood Park) has a table there and Jaime (Twonies) and Mike Marshal will be with me. We'll also be spending some sidewalk pub time just down the street.
Bill in Burl

Shylo

Postby Shylo » Tue May 27, 2014 11:04 am

Bill do you also go on CCF?

I know of each of the people you mentioned from CCF...

I bought Mikes photos of counterfeits and still working on making "heads and tails" (pardon the pun) from all those photos...

and I find SPP posts very VERY informative..

Now I wish I could go there... would love to put faces to all of your names and say hello...

Please give me a synopsis of how the show goes... and if there's anything that really catches your eye...

Ohh and any critiques on local pub food is a MUST... now I've got hankering for some TAPAS!

Hope you have fun!

Bill in Burl

Postby Bill in Burl » Tue May 27, 2014 3:48 pm

I used to be on CCF but was removed due to some comments I made about a book that were misinterpreted ... the monitor thinking that they were about the author. I only meant to show how the population data, sampling and formulas were not valid. I was 10-12 years on CCRS and now mostly on Canadiancoppercoins and other sites like this one. All the people you mentioned are good friends of mine.
Bill in Burl

Return to “General Topics”