T.O. CoinExpo

Discuss about everything else here.
Bill in Burl

T.O. CoinExpo

Post by Bill in Burl » Sat May 31, 2014 2:13 pm

For those of you who missed it, another good show. Friday eve we had 12-15 of us around a long table outside at Jack Astor's spinning yarns and passing coins. I am not a seller of coins .. only to dedicated collectors who have looked for something for a long time and never found (varieties) and I ended up selling $800 worth for 4 coins to someone I was just showing extras that I had to. Anyway, a good time with old friends and a few new.
Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl

Re: T.O. CoinExpo

Post by Bill in Burl » Sat May 16, 2015 3:18 am

This Spring's 2015 Expo is Fri-Sat at the end of this month (May). It really is a very good show and pretty good auctions by Goeff Bell. Many contributors from other coin sites will be there.
Bill in Burl

Shylo

Post by Shylo » Thu May 21, 2015 11:54 pm

Only wish I could be there Bill... however stuck in peg town..

I have some bids on the G.B. auction... but seeing how the tokens did at the previous Landon auction, I'm not too sure if they will hold up or not..

How are things going for you Bill?

I ended up buying a few books on varieties of large cents. ... I should say.. thank you for providing me with some inspiration and direction from your contributions here...

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Fri May 22, 2015 5:42 am

Things OK. Getting old, forgetful, but still love Vicky bronze.
Bill in Burl

Shylo

Post by Shylo » Fri May 22, 2015 11:00 am

Bill did you ever go back onto CCF? I know that there was the coppercent forum for awhile I don't know if it's still up - I never really have gone down that deep into the rabbit hole yet..

But there are a few really knowlegeable individuals over on CCF that would love to be a fly on the wall when they start talking.. you would be in those ranks...

jhax, bosox and okiecoiner... I'm not sure if you know who I'm talking about here but I love reading their posts and they're all pretty big bronze enthusiasts.

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Fri May 22, 2015 1:33 pm

Yes, I keep up with CCF and provide advise through alternate channels. The CopperCoin site went down about 3 months ago and the owner of the site could do nothing about it. It was the site provider and their software got inundated with E European hackers and that was that. He didn't try to get it back up and tried to work with the company, and I tried for months with him to try to salvage all the archives so that they could be integrated on some other site. But, no, and poof it's gone.
Bill in Burl

la cenne

Post by la cenne » Sat May 23, 2015 6:58 am

I really miss the canadian copper site.Sorry to learn the reasons why. I have seen this site with hacker's postings but it seems that the situation has been resolved. I sure hope so. :Prier:

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Sun May 31, 2015 4:10 am

This last weekend Expo was a great time with lots of old friends. The auctions went well and lots of discussions about varieties and show-and-tell over a few brews.
Bill in Burl