thanks Lightw4re for great website (& other contributors)

Discuss about everything else here.
bushman74

thanks Lightw4re for great website (& other contributors)

Post by bushman74 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:22 pm

Greetings to everyone.

This is a great website.

A special thanks to Lightw4re for all the excellent work that is put into this site and the French site - NumiCanada.com. I go NumiCanada periodically because even though my French is currently not the best, NumiCanada sometimes has a little more information or detail.

I registered two years back but just haven't had the time to post anything previously.

I enjoy the input from the few that do contribute or participate on the different forums. It's just unfortuante, as many of you have previously stated, that more people do not participate.

I do have a few suggestions related to membership and participation. Other suggestions on other topics will be posted on the correct forum.

It is:

As most of your will agree the more members we have the greater the odds of participation and the more we let people know about this site, the more people are likely to join.

Tell all your friends and post it on other bulletin boards.

Also, I would think that many of you belong to local Numismatic club. If not your should join a club if one is available in your area. I joined Calgary's club last year.

Most clubs have a website with links to good numismatic sites.

Why not suggest that they (your club) list both of these web sites on the club websites.

I have told my club members about the Coins and Canada website and hope to have my club add the link to out website soon.

I have been gathering coins for many decades but have only started taking collecting seriously within the past few years.

I hope to start posting more as time permits.

Good luck to everyone in finding the treasure (coin, note, token, etc) of their dreams and keep or start posting.

Jack

Bill in Burl

Re: thanks Lightw4re for great website (& other contributors

Post by Bill in Burl » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:01 am

I just wish that more people posted on here. Is the French side of this more active? It seems to me that this place used to be much busier. A few months ago I was trying to upload some corrections to be put in the Coin ID section, but could raise no one on PM or to the Admin. I still look in here from time to time to answer any questions, but not much action.
Bill in Burl

bushman74

Post by bushman74 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:45 pm

Hi Bill, Yes the French site definitely has more activity. They sometimes have things that are not necessarily found on the few English sites that I know of (I'm still finding them). Wish my French was up to par, then I could translate them and post them on this site. I will post something from there in a new post soon.
I really appreciate the postings that you and others do on a regular basis. Unfortunately, as you say, postings seem to have dropped off. Too bad.
OK people out there in never, never land, why not try posting something. Cheers all.

Lightw4re
Site Admin

Post by Lightw4re » Fri May 15, 2015 8:31 am

I just want to let you know that I had problems with the registration system of the discussion board due to numbers of undesirable bots posting ad messages. This is the main cause of "lack of actions".

Actions will be taken to increase activity here.

Thank you for your comment support and kind words.