A USA citizen who loves Canada!

Discuss about everything else here.
shawnhenry07

A USA citizen who loves Canada!

Postby shawnhenry07 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:06 am

I have been collecting coins, and most especially Canadian Coins for 40 plus years. I particularly like ICCS certified coins for resale value. I collect all Canadian decimils and tokens, as well as Pre-Confederation issues. I have traveled all over Canada and love it, love it, love it! I hope to make some collection friends here in this blog or what ever it is. I have a great interest in all Canadian Coins. Hope others feel the same!!

Bill in Burl

Re: A USA citizen who loves Canada!

Postby Bill in Burl » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:56 am

Welcome aboard. Lots of help/friends here. I'm a Yank as well, but living up here the last 18 years.
Bill in Burl

pjrsaultstemarie

Postby pjrsaultstemarie » Sat May 27, 2017 11:35 am

Hi Shawnhenryo7

Would have thought you would received more welcomes to Canada--envy you because I think you have seen more of my country than I have.

Canada coins make for a good collection because they have only been around since 1867 and basically only one mint stamps them out. In the USA I think there are 12 mints and collecting can get complicated-- belated welcome.

Good collecting :P

Shylo

Postby Shylo » Mon May 29, 2017 4:09 pm

Great to hear that you like the Coins from Canada!

Welcome to the forum.!! Look forward to your posts and hearing about your collection.

Cheers

Shylo

Terry Mitchner

Postby Terry Mitchner » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:24 am

Glad to have you aboard. I pull all the US coins and bills that fall into my grubby mitts into my collection. One of the things about collecting in Canada, you can pass on the collection WITHOUT inheritance tax.

And I have driven in all 10 provinces and 2 territories (then they divided the NorthWest into 2 territories and there are no roads up into Nunavut)
Meandering to the beat of a different Drummer

Return to “General Topics”