1988 $100 gold Olympic coin missing lettering

Post here if you want to sell, buy and/or trade.
LMD

1988 $100 gold Olympic coin missing lettering

Post by LMD » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:23 am

As of April 26th 2024 I will be taking offers on one of three approval examples of the 1987 $100 gold piece as it is double struck and to add to that the lettering that goes around the outer side of the coin is missing. All sizes weights measurements are exactly what they should be the other two examples are 69 and their registered through two different grading services. Given the fact that almost 35 years has passed I sincerely believe that this would have popped up and been taken care of a long time ago. This coin was purchased and it's original box case paperwork by husband trying to hide it from his wife and he did until after he passed. I couldn't believe the enormity of the collection. I would prefer meeting in person and this is something you won't regret The only time this was comparable was when I purchased the AU 58 PCGS large date dime. I have just listed it and respectable offers are acceptable and as far as acquainted there's really nothing to hold a candle to this point. Even though I'm willing to negotiate a price that was given before the US dollar gained strength against the Canadian dollar as well as higher gold prices I think that there's a lot of room in here. Best way to reach me is 226-724-4199 my name is Larry. I have no problem sending it out to have a third person graded but then I probably listed on eBay. Try me out see how it works. I wish everyone a great weekend

LMD

Re: 1988 $100 gold Olympic coin missing lettering

Post by LMD » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:26 am

I've talked to a couple of the largest dealers in Canada and they believe the coin would come in 4750. I'm actually looking more around $3,500. I'm realistic and believes that a deal is only a deal with both people successfully and happily make the transaction. I fully guarantee everything about the coin. If you wish to email me. larrymicheald7@gmail.com

HANDI1

Re: 1988 $100 gold Olympic coin missing lettering

Post by HANDI1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:00 pm

Post some photos they can only help