Pre 1967 Canadian coins going for way bellow there value

Post here if you want to sell, buy and/or trade.
UniversalProviders

Pre 1967 Canadian coins going for way bellow there value

Post by UniversalProviders » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi guys I never posted on this forum before my names Dave just wanted to give you guys a heads up on my auctions I just listed 36 Auctions mostly all pre 1967 Canadian Silver coins here is the link http://gg.gg/DavesEbayAuctions hope you like my coins they are all available to bid on.

Dave

Shylo

Re: Pre 1967 Canadian coins going for way bellow there value

Post by Shylo » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:36 am

Good luck with the auctions....

Most of these coins looked cleaned or dipped in my opinion.

verdigris

Post by verdigris » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Shylo wrote:.. Most of these coins looked cleaned or dipped in my opinion.

Could be. Although maybe not dipped nor cleaned conventionally. I'm able to achieve a similar look using NaHCO3, a pinch of NaCl and boiling H2O in an Al foil-lined bowl. The process seems to release the S in the tarnish (yes, you can smell it), but apparently does not remove any Ag.

Disclosure: I don't clean my silver coins but I have experimented with baking soda using American and Canadian junk 25c and 10c pieces and a couple of environmentally damaged lower-content foreign jobs. The goal was to restore my Dad's blackened WWII service medals without using acids or abrasives. I always hated seeing polish-dipped gongs on parade and I wanted to avoid any resemblance of that. Leaving just the right amount of shadow around the relief areas, my home-made electro-chemical bath worked brilliantly.

Cheers

Shylo

Post by Shylo » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Verdigris:

Look at the 1967:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1867-1967-Canadi ... 9c4&_uhb=1

This coin is spotless of any tone or tarnish with the exception of touch between the denticles and rim at the 5 o'clock position on the goose side...

To me this is where the tongs held the coin... it could also be reflection.

On the obverse side ... look inside the D and G... there's a difference between inside the letters and the rest of the fields. "Elizabeth" just looks wrong .. can't put my finger on it...

In the hair of the queen there's a LOT of pitting... which also looks like a whizz job ...

This guy could totally be legit... but for me there's too many red flags for me ... I could be wrong.. I hope I am...