Selling my complete collection over 5000 items

Post here if you want to sell, buy and/or trade.
Shylo

Selling my complete collection over 5000 items

Post by Shylo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:16 pm

There's way too many items to list here...

Most is Canadian material. There is also a large section dedicated to Newfoundland. I have a small amount of U.S. and world issues as well.

If you're interested please just send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you an excel spread sheet of what I have itemized already. (So far it's just the Canadian, Newfoundland, banknotes and gold.)

I still have yet to finish going through all the Cdn 50 cent, u.s. or world stuff yet but will bump this thread each time I add a new sheet to the spread sheet.

On another popular coin forum I also put out the same thread under the pseudonym AgCoinAu.... same guy.. same back story... just in case there's a few of you that are on both forums.

Thank you in advance to all who show an interest.

Wish you well...

Shylo

henrysmedford

Re: Selling my complete collection over 5000 items

Post by henrysmedford » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:34 pm

I hope you’re not losing interest in coins because I sure enjoyed your post!

Shylo

Post by Shylo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:51 pm

Henry:

Nope not at all.. in fact I'm still keeping a few items, and it's one of the reasons I'm having a tough time finishing my 50 cent list... there are some varieties even in Fine condition I just don't want to let go of b/c I think they''re pretty cool.

Truth is that back in November I had a brain bleed. There has been some issues ever since. I have not been able to return to work or normal duties since then because of those issues. There has been some progress which is hopeful but I'm still not there and with the way the medical system works here in Canada, chances are I won't really get back on track until mid-late June.

If the issues I have still persist after June it does means I'm likely going to have these issues for the rest of my life in some way shape or form. That also means I will not be able to return to regular duties in my job. As such I will probably have to go through some sort of "re-training" so I can be employable and productive in my current state.

The thought of all the time off work and perhaps even having to take on further courses to become employable again means that I will need some source of money. We're not in tough shape by any means right now, but I would rather sell the stuff that I don't "show off" or really look at anymore, to make it easier.

So I still will be on this site and I still will contribute, I just won't be an "active" collector for awhile, and have narrowed my focus on "hoping for the best outcome but preparing for the worst"...

Hope that helps

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Good luck to you, Shylo .. things will be OK. I'm kinda in the same boat, coin-wise, but I keep them around to help others and let them see the thinhs that hooked me 30 or more years ago.
Bill in Burl

Shylo

Post by Shylo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:22 am

Thanks bill!

To be honest I have a hard time letting go of almost all of my 50 cents pieces because of what Paul showed me. So I've kept a lot of those pieces.

I have received a whole lot of support and good wishes from the numismatic community and the wrestling community. Both have been very influential on how I spend my spare time.

I'm not out of this hobby. Not in a long shot... I feel though that I may need a time out for awhile. Put my money to other ventures (as my employment future is a bit uncertain)

Thought I read somewhere awhile ago you may be off the grid for awhile... ? Thank you very much to take the time for this note.

Cheers my friend

bidderdown

Post by bidderdown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:23 pm

hi would u send me list of cdn pre 1967 coins pls thks looking for 1925 nickel 1926 near 6 nickel 1948 silver dollar 1947 long 7 and same with maple leaf as i am a regular collector and a low income senior i can trade or buy periodically along with other coins as well my direct e mail is rickhagan@telus.net