1999 Canada Millennium set

General discussions on RCM Products.
gfolkins

1999 Canada Millennium set

Post by gfolkins » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:16 pm

Hello,

I have the 1999 Millennium set of 12 quarters, which has always been kept in the box in the protective sleeve and never on display, and I was wondering what table/grade those quarters would fall under in the price guide on this website.

The first table lists the values of circulating coins, the second lists values of uncirculated coins, the third lists values from uncirculated coin sets (PL), and the fourth lists values of coins made with a more refined process (SP).

Would I look up their value in the third table, since they are from an uncirculated set? If so, how can I tell if they are PL-64, PL-65, or PL-66? When I click Grading Section, there is nothing for quarters later than 1964.

The set cost $24.95 in 1999, and they were also selling individual coins from that set which were more expensive; I think they were $19.95 or so if I remember correctly. The insert said the quarters were stirling silver proof with 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper. Would these coins be the ones that would be in the fourth table (SP)? If so, I noticed only the caribou quarter had a value.

I'm new to this, and I do like the useful information on this site, and was interested in trying to determine where my coins would be on the tables. I would like to have them professionally appraised; unfortunately, there is nobody around within a few hundred kilometer radius of where I live to do that.

Thank you.

la cenne

Re: 1999 Canada Millennium set

Post by la cenne » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:51 am

If the set costed $24.95,your 25 cents are nickel.There were 2 different sets issued.One with the RCM medaillon (maple leaf) the other with Nestlé medaillion.There is no price difference between the 2.I would look at the Setember and November coins to see if you have the Mule (missing the denomination)
The set is now valued at $15 for all the coins including the medaillion.If you get the individual coins graded by TPG the value is $10,$15 and $30 respectively for MS-65,66 and 67.
Hope this help :Rechercher:

gfolkins

Re: 1999 Canada Millennium set

Post by gfolkins » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:43 pm

So if I understand correctly, the complete set of 12 coins plus the medallion is worth $15? My September and November coins are not missing the 25 cents (i.e., not mule coins).

I do have a January 1999 millenium quarter, which was sold in it's own individual shell, that is 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper, compared to the quarters from the set. I'm curious to know what that quarter would be worth.

I was just a little confused reading the pricing guides on this website. I wasn't certain how to determine where my coins fit in the chart. That's the same for all my coins (silver dollars, 50 cent pieces, centennial coins, etc.)