1963 Proof Like Set of Canadian Coins

Post your pictures here if you want grades opinions.
doylecoins

1963 Proof Like Set of Canadian Coins

Post by doylecoins » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:15 am

Hi guys. This is my first post. :)

I'm young, so I'm a beginner. My dad got me into coin collecting as he is one himself.

I have a proof like set of 1963 coins that I bought from a shop about a week and a half ago. I'm not sure what grade these coins are, so I'm hoping to get some answers from you guys. I plan to collect as much as I can and keep all of it for my future children (hopefully).

Opinions? The scratches you may see are the plastic casing. Especially on the dime! A few of the coins, the quality of the picture is not that good, so you may not see the hair. I am telling you 100% that the hair is fully noticeable and is not worn on any coin. (It's been sitting in a display case for god knows how many years) Here are some pictures.

Bill in Burl

Re: 1963 Proof Like Set of Canadian Coins

Post by Bill in Burl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:50 am

It is impossible to grade, via photos & internet, through plastic. Most of these pliofilm sets sell for a little over scrap silver price (each face dollar is .6 troy oz of Ag & you have $1.85 worth). Most average around 63-65. These P-L sets are a good way to get nice-looking coins for a good cheap price, but they will never appreciate much and will move with the price or silver. Don't get them certified as the cert cost will be more than the coins will ever be worth.... the 50 cent piece alone is beautiful to look at the reverse.
Bill in Burl

doylecoins

Post by doylecoins » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:55 am

Ya, you're right. I'll just leave this set for the future. Thanks anyway! They're great to look at. I paid 30 dollars for it. I'm expecting my 1812 quarters today. Can't wait to open up the package!

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:39 pm

If you paid $30 for it, that's below what there is in silver there. Each face dollar is worth about $20 in silver.
Bill in Burl

doylecoins

Post by doylecoins » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Then I got a hell of a good deal then!