Toronto Transit Commission - 1966 to 2007
Starting November 2006, a new bi-metallic token was put into production especially to prevent counterfeiting, replacing the 30 million tokens in circulation. Heavier, 20 million tokens were ordered in 2006 and for $2 millions, 20 million more in 2008. In 2010, counterfeit tokens were discovered. They have the same weight and the same size, but there are small typographical errors and they don't work in the automatic turnstiles.
Toronto Transit Commission - 1966 to 2007 values and prices
Depending on its condition, its scarcity, supply and demand and errors and varieties, the value of a Toronto Transit Commission - 1966 to 2007 varies. Below, the details of the value of the coin according to its grade.
Toronto Transit Commission - 1966 to 2007 circulated tokens1
Another error and variety
|Toronto Transit Commission - 1966 à 2007 - Counterfeit|
- Mintage : 20 000 000
- Date : 2006
- Issuer: Toronto Transit Commission
- Mint : Osborne Coinage Company
- Composition : Proprietary Bimetallic Alloys
- The value of circulated tokens generally concerns coins with a certain wear due to the circulation. These coins rarely retain their original luster.
- The value of a uncirculated tokens generally concerns coins with little wear almost not visible with the eye. These coins generally retain their original luster.
- The values displayed on this page are in Canadian dollars.
Last update : Friday, January 11, 2013