June 6, 2018 new products - Royal Canadian Mint
By Royal Canadian Mint | Wednesday, June 6, 2018
The following products can be bought at the Royal Canadian Mint website.
In a world-first, the Mint's Research & Development team has created a 6 oz. silver coin featuring a miniature, functional carousel that rotates with the help of a magnet. World-wide mintage of 1,000.
2018 $200 Pure Gold Coin – 30th Anniversary of the Silver Maple Leaf. This is 1 oz. gold coin with a silver maple leaf that pops from its reverse proof surface. In another Mint-first, we have launched the 2018 $250 Fine Silver Coin – Maple Leaf Forever: a one kilo 99.99% pure silver coin, our largest convex coin to date, featuring the artwork of senior Mint engraver Stan Witten.
- 2018 Fine Silver 3-Coin Set – Beneath Thy Shining Skies features a complex design by artist Rebecca Yanovskaya. Two rectangular coins flank a maple-leaf shaped centrepiece to compose a panoramic tableau that links scenery and Canadian landmarks to illustrate the story of our nation and its people.
- 4 coins set named "Colonial Currency of the Atlantic Provinces". Struck with dies mimicking the wear of well-circulated coins and hand finished with an antique patina, these icons of early Canadian numismatic history are in 99.99% pure silver. In order to bring out the features of each period design, each coin is larger in diameter than its original.
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – First World War Allied Forces: Canada, the first coin in a new series commemorating the contribution of the major Allied forces that brought fighting to an end with the Armistice of November 11, 1918. The design featuring the Canadian cavalry is the work of artist Pandora Young
- The $100 Fine Silver Coin – Keepers of Parliament: The Unicorn, the first of a series of 10 oz. silver coins, designed by Patrick Bélanger and showcasing stonework figures watching over the front doors of Parliament
- The 2018 $30 Fine Silver Coin – Fireworks at the Falls, featuring a Tony Bianco colour illustration of the natural landmark, with a hidden nighttime fireworks scene only visible under black light
- The 2018 $500 Pure Gold Coin – Predators of the Wild: The Cougar, an impressive 5 oz. coin designed by Emily Damstra
- The 2018 $30 Fine Silver Coin - Zentangle® Art: The Great Horned Owl, designed by Jori Van Der Linde
- The 2018 $30 Fine Silver Coin – Canadian Canopy: The Maple Leaf, designed by Emily Damstra
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin Frozen in Ice – Scimitar Sabretooth Cat, designed by Glen Loates
- The 2018 $3 Fine Silver Coin – The Thirteen Teachings from Grandmother Moon: Strawberry Moon, designed by Frank Polson
- The crystal-enhanced 2018 $5 Fine Silver Coin – Birthstones: July, featuring a mandala-inspired ruby design by artist Pandora Young