Brandon Trade Dollar - Silver -1982

General discussions about canadian tokens and medals.
brandoncoinguy

Brandon Trade Dollar - Silver -1982

Post by brandoncoinguy » Wed May 10, 2023 9:52 pm

Hello to all, this is my first post, although I've been lurking around for quite some time.
Awesome sight, a wealth of information, and I've found myself referencing the price guide quite regularly.
Many thanks to all that contribute here.

My question is about a trade dollar issued by The Brandon Chamber of Commerce (Manitoba) to celebrate it's centennial in 1982. I have a bunch of the "regular" ones, but have recently acquired one of the silver ones. It's encapsulated, and stored in an RCM case. I've found it on this site, limited mintage of 300, by the Sherritt Mint (so I assume the RCM case is not original).
What I can't find is any record of one changing hands, or any kind of value/pricing.
I know it has obvious silver value, but with only 300 minted I think I will hold onto it (my hometown also).
Plus I don't imagine a huge demand for it.

Just wondering if any of the experts here can share any information with me that they may have about this coin, or it's value.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

coinguy

Re: Brandon Trade Dollar - Silver -1982

Post by coinguy » Thu May 11, 2023 6:24 am

Welcome to Coins and Canada

After searching both this site and Numista, there doesn’t seem to be a value for a silver token.
With only 300 minted, it is possible that there were few that ever changed hands and were sold
privately so there is no record of sales. Unless it was sold through eBay or a dealer, from whom
Websites get there information, it would be hard to verify a value.

Perhaps one of our Western members could add some info.