Polymer missing holograms

General discussions about canadian banknnotes.
daning333

Polymer missing holograms

Post by daning333 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:21 am

Good morning everyone.
Can anyone shed some light on missing holograms? Can these holograms be removed and sold as rare errors? If they can be removed , any info on what to look for ?
Charltons says the Intaglio ink can be removed with solvent but no mention of the hologram. I have seen a BCS graded missing hologram, so they do exist.

Regards.

momomomo

Re: Polymer missing holograms

Post by momomomo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:26 pm

Probably a fake note :Lecture:

coinguy

Post by coinguy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:27 pm

daning333
Would you please supply a clear picture of both sides.
Hard to give an answer without seeing the actual bill.
It could be genuine, it could be counterfeit.

coineverything

Post by coineverything » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:26 pm

Hello, I have seen some circulated notes where the hologram looks faded to the point where it is almost gone. the ink can also be scrached away like a scratch ticket on polimer notes. as a collector , i notice all the unusual looking notes that come into my place of employment. I also take part in yearly courses to teach uswhat to look for when determining if notes are real or fake. some are pretty convincing. i scam that i have seen is cutting out the hologram section of a $5 note, and using that hologram taped into a FAKE $50 dollar note. then the real $5 note gets a blank or poor replica of the hologram.
My advice is, always be on the lookout. If it looks off, or odd, don't take the risk. have it checked by a reputable dealer, or grading service.

troubadour

Post by troubadour » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:06 pm

need a picture