Scanning Banknotes

General discussions about canadian banknnotes.
rkp21

Scanning Banknotes

Post by rkp21 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:50 pm

Hi,

I may be asking a strange question but i need to ask " how to scan banknotes". I am interested in having both the sides of the banknote in the same image but unable to find a real solution for that, can anyone help me by answering the simple question?
Until now I was scanning both the sides of the bank note and then used power point to paste the images in the same slide and then saving it as an image, but the result of the image isn't that good and its too cumbersome. Is there anyway that i can follow apart from using power point or photoshop to save both the sides of the bank note in the same image and get good quality image ?

Thanks

dans40

Re: Scanning Banknotes

Post by dans40 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:43 am

Hi rkp21, I just saw this. If you're like me and you need to catalogue all of your banknotes into a database, sometimes when scanning, my scanner gives me a pop-up message that says that I'm trying to scan money and will not allow it to be scanned at a high resolution. This is a protective measure in order to prevent counterfeiting. But HOW my scanner recognizes banknotes is another story I have yet to figure out.

I found that by scanning my banknotes at much lower resolutions, like 300 dpi, sometimes works, you just have to fiddle with it and keep scanning until you can get an acceptable image for your catalogue. I hate scanning at 300 dpi because it does not bring out the scan quality enough for a good picture.

I wish I could just tell my scanner that it's OK, I'm not planning on counterfeiting any banknotes and go from there, but technology sometimes gets the better of us, frustrating as it is. :)