Looking for computer software to list my coin collection

General discussions about conservation and classification.
coindabbler

Looking for computer software to list my coin collection

Post by coindabbler » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi, I have a lot of foreign coins plus a lot of UK, Canadian and US coins and banknotes, mostly common. I am thinking of starting to dispose of them to supplement my retirement income.

Now my question is................. Can you recommend a computer software program so that I
can make a concise listing of what I have. My computers are running on Windows 7. For my banknotes I created a spreadsheet using Excel. I don't want to spend a arm and a leg
on a program that I don't know or might not be suitable, or is there any shareware or freeware programs available.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

David

Lightw4re
Site Admin

Re: Looking for computer software to list my coin collection

Post by Lightw4re » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Hard to find a good one. Here's some software if you want to try them :

CoinManage 2013 Coin Collecting Software http://www.libertystreet.com/
Numento http://www.numento.com/collections.html
The Currency Vault (still exist?)

There are few. You can take a look on App Store (iPhone) or Play Store (Android).

Loyalist

Re: Looking for computer software to list my coin collection

Post by Loyalist » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Have been browsing the forum last couple of days as I am fairly new to this site and came across your query. Have you found a suitable database or are you still looking.
I was also looking for a decent database for my collection. Everything I looked at was good but not very adaptable to my needs. Decided to build my own db using Microsoft Access. So far it has been working well for me and I can tweek it any time I need to.