Looking for help in Montreal

Discuss about everything else here.
Cragg

Looking for help in Montreal

Post by Cragg » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:27 pm

I'm looking to pay for someone to offer grading advice and help/advise in selling off a reasonably sized collection consisting mainly of Canadian coins and bills. Let's just say I stopped collecting around 1968. I know I can always melt the silver, but that would be a crime against collecting. I have much more than those old blue books (which are complete), many PL sets, etc.
Please contact me at cragg2405@hotmail.com if you think this could be a project for you.

SPP-Ottawa

Re: Looking for help in Montreal

Post by SPP-Ottawa » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:19 am

The best way to sell a collection, is to other collectors.

Have you thought of consigning the collection to auction?? Coin and paper money values realized/hammered have been very strong in recent auctions, often exceeding auction estimates. Paper money has been red hot. You have a couple of options available to you in Canada, and I am sure since it is an entire collection, some auction houses may negotiate a reduction of consignment fees (ultimately it depends on the value of the collection).

I have on occasion helped with collection consignments for Geoffrey Bell Auctions; parcelling up collections into viable auction lots. I am in the Ottawa area and could help, if that is an avenue you are considering.