Grading Cameo-Heavy Cameo-Ultra Heavy Cameo coins

General discussions about canadian coins.
Jim J

Grading Cameo-Heavy Cameo-Ultra Heavy Cameo coins

Post by Jim J » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:00 pm

I have some MS-65 coins that have the Cameo, HC, UHC what would you add on to the price for each coin?

1) MS-65 Cameo

2) MS-65 Heavy Cameo

3) MS-65 Ultra Heavy Cameo

I'd like to here your comments on the MS-65 Cameo - UHC coins with what you figure a person should add on for premiums seeing there is no scale to go by. They add great eye appeal to a business strike coin?

Jim J

coinguy

Re: Grading Cameo-Heavy Cameo-Ultra Heavy Cameo coins

Post by coinguy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:17 pm

There is no set "add on" value, a lot would depend on what coin you are referring to. A 1964 Silver Dollar could have an add on value of several hundred dollars whereas a 1964 silver quarter would be much lower. It all depends who wants it and what they are willing to pay. Also who is the Grader, this could make a difference.

momomomo

Post by momomomo » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:13 pm

Hello :D

The eye appeal is very subjective. This website give values for most PL cameo coins, but not for circulation strikes as far as I know. Here's an example:
https://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-pr ... d_coin=778

Have a great day! :wink:

Jim J

Post by Jim J » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:48 pm

Yes I have seen a few web-sites and coin books that show prices for PL + SP coins but nothing for business strike coins I like others have a soft spot for such coins especially in the high grades.

It just seems odd that there is no price guide for these coins as for eye appeal they have it 10 folds over a regular business strike in mint state 65 condition I'm sure if they were priced the same at a table the C-HC-UHC MS-65's would go faster than the regular MS-65 coins of the same year.
This is what confuses me about the coins they are the finest business strikes out there but no trends pricing?

Jim J