3 posts • Page 1 of 1
I have a 1950 50¢ with no design and several cracks. It looks similar to the one pictured in the price guide, Just wondering if all 1950 50¢ no design pieces had the same problem.
- 1950 50¢ - No Design - Die Cracks.JPG (728.53 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
- Die crack at the top
- 1950 a.jpg (4.97 MiB) Viewed 2337 times
- Die crack on the right
- 1950 b.jpg (4.51 MiB) Viewed 2337 times
- Die crack at Unicorn's tail
- 1950 c.jpg (4.7 MiB) Viewed 2337 times
- Die crack at bottom
- 1950 d.jpg (4.92 MiB) Viewed 2337 times
A number of years ago, dealers would not accept the 1950 50c coin as a genuine ‘no design’ without the characteristic die cracks, but obviously the die must have started producing coins with no die cracks and now the 1950 ‘no design’ can be found and recognized with no die cracks. There is also one other ‘no design’ die that I’m aware of.